Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

A New International Economics Book


I just received my copy of the new International Economics textbook by Robert Feenstra and Alan Taylor. My initial thoughts are that this book has the user friendly feel of introductory economic textbook but the substance of the Krugman & Obstfeld text. Most of my students in my international economics class are non-econ majors and they find the Krugman and Obstfeld text too dense. I am going to give this text a try in the Fall.

You can buy the book from Worth publishers either whole or broken down into its international trade and international macro sections. My dream is one day to have a international trade and an international macro course here instead of cramming them both into an one semester course. Should that day come, this text would be ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment